Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mythologies 285

"As she walked down toward the flowery meadows near the sea, what Europa was carrying, embossed in precious metals, was her destiny" pg. 6 in Marriage of Cadmus and Harmony by Robert Calasso. What I think of this quote is that she has all the pieces put together and it will tell her or show her what her destiny is. What did I think of the first day of class, well I found out Michael Sexson is the professor; who clearly is very passionate about mythologies and isn't afraid to make a class challenging...

As far as the book goes, I was very confused reading the first chapter I wasn't sure what was going on. It was like trying to solve a puzzle and figure out the right order of everything. The second chapter, there was plenty in there about love, lust, anger, and violence. When I think of Gods, my first thought is that they get everything they want, because they're supposed to be controlling everything. There's obviously multiple Gods and their specialty is in different areas. I quickly found out that the Gods don't always get what they want and they don't have perfect lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment